Who doesn’t love ice cream? No one I know. But ice cream doesn’t always love us…at least the ingredients in commercial ice cream. They are, for the most part, not healthy!
The only way to get healthy ice cream is to make it yourself.
Ice cream can be a delicious way to get healthy stuff into children that can be fussy eaters. Making your own ice cream is relatively simple using nothing but your blender and the kids love to help make it!
You can actually get healthier by eating this ice cream. Simple to make, delicious to eat, nutritious for our body. It’s a win-win-win!
If you’ve never made homemade ice cream using healthy ingredients like carrots/veggies, you’re in for a real treat.
Check out these recipes:
You can find this delicious ice cream recipe here along with other ice cream treats sure to please the whole family!
Healthy Home Made Ice Cream
Carolyn Hansen – Your health and fitness expert:
Carrot Cake Ice Cream
Author: Carolyn Hansen
Recipe type: Dessert, Treats
- 1 banana, chopped frozen
- 1 can full fat coconut milk or cream
- 1 large or 2 small carrots, roughly chopped
- 6-7 dates, soaked 30 minutes and drained
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons ground ginger, optional
- ¼ cup nuts, chopped
- Place all ingredients except nuts in a food processor or high speed blender and process until smooth.
- Stir in chopped nuts.
- Pour into 2 freezer safe bowls and place in the freezer for a total of 1-2 hours, removing every 30 minutes to stir.
- When it gets to a soft serve consistency, you are ready to eat!
- Garnish with shredded coconut or chopped nuts and enjoy!