Lemon Raspberry Cake
Author: Carolyn Hansen
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2½ cups cashews
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup lemon juice zest of one lemon
- ¼ - ½ cup honey (to taste)
- ½ cup coconut oil (warmed until liquid)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence little water if needed
- 1 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen (if frozen let thaw)
- ⅓ of the filling mixture
- Place cashews into a food processor and process until broken down into a bread crumb like mixture.
- Add coconut, lemon juice, lemon zest, honey, coconut oil and vanilla essence and pulse until mixture is smooth and creamy. Add a little water (a tablespoon at a time) if needed to allow mixture to blend together.
- Pour ⅔ of the mixture (just eyeball it) on to top of base.
- Add the raspberries to the remaining ⅓ of the mixture in blender and process until smooth and creamy.
- Pour mixture on top of lemon filling and place in fridge for an hour or so until firm and set before serving.
The word “dessert” does not have to conjure up negative emotions and feelings about food.
If you’ve never dipped into the “raw foods field,” you’re missing out on some heavy duty nutrition either subtly or boldly woven into delicious and beautiful desserts, snacks and treats!
Truth is, most people are simply amazed when given a quality homemade “raw food” dessert. Comments such as “this is raw, this is healthy?” are commonplace.Once you discover that you can enjoy rich delicious desserts, snacks and treats all made from the healthiest foods on Earth, you’ll neve go back to that high-calorie, white flour and sugar laden desserts made with eggs, flour, butter and cream.
These types of desserts and snacks are heavy duty alright – but heavy for the wrong reasons. They offer plenty of calories but lack nutrients.
Raw desserts are delightful. With whole foods as ingredients, their flavors are “clean” and they taste better than their counterparts.The best part of enjoying raw desserts and snacks is the lack of bloating, guilt and even lethargy that results from poor food choices.
You’ll get a real boost in energy, feel lighter, and bask in the joy of knowing you’re giving your body the gift of quality nutrition while treating your taste buds to a delight. It’s a true win-win!
Healthy Raw Desserts Volume 1
For more tools and resources from Carolyn Hansen to assist you in attaining your health and fitness goals please visit:
Carolyn Hansen Fitness